Are you, or someone you know, in the process of cleaning out an estate, attic or closet and planning to donate or just throw away the "old clothes"? Consider allowing us to purchase them from you. We favor clothing & accessories from the 1920's through the 1980's.
We are just as interested in one amazing vintage item as an entire estate of vintage treasures. We will reply to your request as soon as possible via the email address you provide. At that time we will request the following information:
- A detailed description of the clothing including how it has been stored & it's overall condition.
- If possible, a few digital photographs (in reduced size format) of the clothing.
- A price list for the clothing. Do you want a lump sum for the lot? Do you wish to charge $XX for dresses, $XX for purses, etc? If so, please include an itemized price list.*
- Your location. If you are located in the Providence Metro or Boston South Shore area, we can arrange an appointment to see you.
- What form of payment would you accept/prefer?
- Any questions or concerns you may have.
Please bear in mind we only buy from estates and private collections at wholesale prices. Garments we purchase may need dry cleaning, mending, repairing, and researching as well as photographing, measuring and finally creating the listing to add it to our boutique. The variance in price of what we pay and what we sell for is partially due to the hours of work involved in this process.
Please use the form provided below to make your inquiry. This form is confidential and will not be shared by The Red Velvet Shoe without your consent. If we are not able to accommodate your request, we may be able to provide a contact who could be of assistance to you. Please include an email address so we can send you a reply.
(Please Note: The Red Velvet Shoe is not a professional, certified appraiser. If you are trying to place a value on something, please contact an Antiques/Collectibles appraiser in your locale.)